Banijay Studios Italy is led by CEO Paolo Bassetti and Head of Drama Massimo Del Frate. As a Scripted player in the Italian content market, the business is developing original IP for local broadcasters Rai, Mediaset, Sky and OTT platforms. Collaborating with high-profile talents, authors and screenwriters, the company creates innovative, high-quality domestic TV drama and international co-production projects.
Banijay Studios Italy operates under the aegis of Banijay Group, one of the world's largest international content producers and distributors. The company, led by Chief Executive Officer, Marco Bassetti, scales up in 22 countries and boasts a catalogue of over 100,000 hours of multi-genre premium entertainment contents, such as entertainment, drama, factual, reality, documentary, kids shows, talk and game shows and more.
Massimo Del Frate
Massimo started his career in 1985 as Editor cinema programming for Mediaset’s channels Canale 5, Italia 1 and Rete4.
He became Head of Canale 5 Scripted Programming in 1991.
In 1998 he took on the role of Head of Mediaset’s Drama Department, responsible for the editorial supervision of the channel’s original drama productions (series, mini-series and TV-movies for prime time, soap-opera and sit-coms for daily day-time).
He left the Italian commercial broadcaster in 2002.
In June 2002 he joined Endemol Italia as Head of Drama productions and grew the Company scripted division to become one of the leading TV drama production entities in the Italian market. Massimo held this position until May 2018 and during these 16 years he created a wide range of scripted shows including TV-movies, sit-coms, the two most successful and longest Italian soap-operas of Canale 5, Vivere/Living and Centovetrine/The Mall, and several of the most famous multi-season prime-time series of Rai1 (Tangled lies/Scomparsa; The good apprentice/L’allieva 2 seasons; Sisters/Sorelle; Second Chance/Un’altra vita; The teacher/Provaci Ancora Prof! 7 seasons; Lady Detective/Donna Detective 2 seasons; La donna che ritorna; Fidati di me; Madre, aiutami) and Canale 5 (Tuscan passion/Le tre Rose di Eva 4 seasons, For love Alone/Solo per amore 2 seasons, Love and Vendetta/Un amore e una vendetta, Dov’è mia figlia, Murder of a General/Il generale Dalla Chiesa, Our land/Questa è la mia terra 2 seasons).
In June 2018 Massimo Del Frate took on the role of Head of Drama of Banijay Studios Italy, an independent production company controlled by Banijay Group, created with the aim of creating innovative and high-quality dramas for Italian broadcasters and OTT platforms, as well as international co-production projects.
Series and prime time tv movies
- Un professore (2021-2023, 2 seasons, Rai)
- Nurse Lea (2022-2023, 2 season, Rai)
- The life you wanted (2023, Netflix)
- My Ballerina (2021-2023, 2 seasons, Mediaset)
- Fosca, a Tuscan policewoman (2022-2023, 2 seasons, Mediaset)
- Cops 2 – Una banda di poliziotti (2021, Sky)
- Sacrificio d’amore (2017–2018, 2 seasons, Mediaset)
- Destini incrociati – Solo per amore (2017, Mediaset)
- Scomparsa (2017, Rai)
- Sorelle (2017, Rai)
- L’Allieva (2016, 2 seasons, Rai)
- Solo per amore (2015, Mediaset)
- Un’altra vita (2014, Rai)
- Madre, aiutami (2014, Rai)
- Rosso San Valentino (2013, Rai)
- Le tre rose di Eva (2012–2018, 4 seasons, Mediaset)
- Dov’è mia figlia (2011, Mediaset)
- Un amore e una vendetta (2011, Mediaset)
- S.O.S. Befana (2011, Rai)
- La donna che ritorna (2011, Rai)
- La ladra (2010, Rai)
- Miacarabefana.it (2009, Rai)
- Fidati di me (2008, Rai)
- Questa è la mia terra vent’anni dopo (2008, Mediaset)
- Donna detective (2007–2010, 2 seasons, Rai)
- Il Generale dalla Chiesa (2007, Mediaset)
- Questa è la mia terra (2006, Mediaset)
- Provaci ancora Prof (2005–2017, 7 seasons, Rai)
- Noi (2004, Mediaset)